Glenn Charles


Photographer/Videographer specializing in Life Style, Travel, and Aerial Imagery.  FAA 107 Certified for sUAS flight operations throughout the US.  Fully insured.  Videography work is limited to Aerial productions.

Based in Maine (May-December) and SWFL (Jan - April). Available for travel year round.

Just in Awe

As I continue my odyssey up the North American Atlantic Coast, I am continually in awe of both the beauty and power of Mother Nature and the overwhelming friendliness of the people I meet.  I have spent about 80 percent of my time in the Atlantic Ocean and the other 20 percent paddling the back waters of the Intercoastal Waterway.

The Atlantic has shown me the power of the ocean and the beauty of the outside Islands.  Paddling the coast of Georgia, I was in awe of the remoteness of those barrier islands.  At the same time, I was constantly reminded of the destructive power of the ocean by dodging huge shoals and west winds that gaurded the sounds of each of those Islands; Fog and breaking surf continuously gaurded the shores of  these remote locations.  The wildlife was amazing consisting of constant dolphin displays as they fed through the break zone and the shallows.  The Eagles, Ospreys, Cormorants, Gulls, Kites, and more, kept me entertained morning and night.

Just as amazing as the wildlife and the waters has been the people I have met along the way.  Complete strangers taking the time to talk to me and sometimes help me.  I have had folks run to the grocery store for me, come back with my food, and then give me my money back.  I have had complete strangers sit down and talk with me, get up and run down the beach, only to come back minutes later with food, drink, snacks, and some change to help me out.  Complete strangers have helped me take my boat out of the water, patch holes in it with expensive resin & fiberglass, and then let me sleep on their boat.  Complete strangers have opened their shops to me;  have taken me out to dinner; have shown me compassion and love.  Maybe they aren't complete strangers after all?

I am in AWE of what is in this world has to offer, and once again, how paddling in a simple orange kayak can break down those barriers between people of different faith, political views, and backgrounds.  It always makes me think of what life would be like off the water if  everyone in their day to day lives treated complete strangers with friendship, compassion, and love.  It would be a pretty amazing place don't you think?

So, I continue to be in AWE of all of this and of how blessed and lucky I am to be on this journey to be meeting these people and to be reconnecting with this beautiful place we call home.  I hope that each of you, whether it be on  the water or on land, have the opportunity to reconnect with these same things.  It truly is a life changing experience.

Peace & Love