The Art of Seeing
Down East Maine & The Canadian Maritimes –Fall Foliage 5 Days $750
Enter into a time warp where working fishing villages still rule the coast; traffic is non-existent; farms put food on plates; and buildings and boats show their true age. Down East in the fall offers a dramatic contrast between the sea worn coast and the vibrant fall colors. This workshop/tour will take you to places off the beaten path, help you to explore new ways of seeing, and connect you with a region dominated by the peaceful rhythms of the sea. Learning to see versus learning to use your gear is the prime focus of this workshop.
Participants will leave my workshop with timeless images, insight into new ways of seeing and a profound sense of peace that can only be found in areas like Down East Maine.
Key elements of this workshop include:
- Welcome cocktail hour
- First day breakfast
- One on One portfolio review and skills planning session
- Brief discussion on digital archive and editing techniques – Private sessions that delve more deeply into these two disciplines are available on a first come basis. In field shooting, with some locations requiring physical activity to access. Participants should be prepared for moderate hiking
- End of workshop group image review
- One day on the water, shooting from a chartered boat! This is an incredible way for us to get access to locations and shooting angles not seen by others.
- Lots of field shooting in some of the most idyllic and dramatic locations in Maine
- Staying right in Lubec, participants will have plenty of down time to explore on their own
The Fall Workshops are limited to six participants and includes a portfolio review, daily image critiques and discussions on imaging techniques and new ways of seeing. Lasting 5 days, the workshop is based out of the historic fishing village of Lubec Maine, a town that sits right on the border of the US and Canada (Campobello Island) and is surrounded on three sides by ocean and bays.
For more information on upcoming dates or workshop details, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org