Making the switch
As with all things in life, sometimes you just have to listen to your gut and go with it, even if it may not make logical sense.. With that said, I have decided to commit myself to a year long trial of the Leica M system as my primary image making tool. I have long thought about this switch, but I was so wedded to my love of all things Nikon, that I could not bring myself to do it. Now, I feel with the way I am shooting, methodically and focused and my love of MF glass, that the M system is simply a better match for me than the AF world of Nikon. Unfortunately, renting kit for a week is just not enough time to really commit and to learn, so I will jump in with both feet and see how this plays out.
Thus, I am putting up my entire Nikon/Zeiss collection for sale. Please email me for pics and more details. All gear has been well taken care of and has no issues other than cosmetics. Reasonable offers will be accepted and discounts will be applied for bundling components.
For sale is the following:
- Nikon D800E - 8+ ($2250) SOLD
- Zeiss 100/2 Makro Planar - Glass 9, Body 8 ($1400)
- Zeiss 21/2,8 Distagon - Glass 9, Body 8+ ($1300) (SOLD)
- RRS L Bracket - Included with D800E body SOLD
- Zeiss Polarizing Filter for the 100 and for the 21 (Included with each respective lens)